Whitminster Club Rules
WHITMINSTER CANINE ACTIVITY TRAINING CLUB RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) The name of the Club shall be called Whitminster Canine Activity Training Club (thereinafter called the Club). The object of the Club is:-
a. To help members to train their dogs in activities such as obedience, agility, working trials, etc to competition standards under Kennel Club Rules.
b. To promote well-being, good husbandry and the dissemination of knowledge and furtherance of good practice in canine matters.
2) The Club shall be managed by 7 elected committee members, including Chairman, Hon Secretary and Hon Treasurer.
a. The Chairman, Hon Secretary and Hon Treasurer shall be eligible for re-election every 2 years.
b. The Committee shall be eligible for re-election every year at the AGM.
c. The elected committee shall have the power to co-opt officers if a vacancy arises between General Meetings. Co-opted Officers shall only hold office until the next General Meeting at which an election of Officers takes place.
3) Members — Any new person wishing to train with the Club must remain as a guest of the Club for one month. After this initial trial period application may be made to become as associate member for the next 12 months. When this period of time has elapsed application may then be made to become a full member of the club thus having full voting rights. All applications for full membership must go before the Committee and their decision will be final. The Chairman must give a valid reason for any refusals in writing.
4) Members are expected to help at club events as follows:
a. Every member is expected to help with at least 1 ring party and 1 display per year.
b. Every member is expected to help at the Club’s Annual Show.
5) If a full member fails to attend training classes for a maximum of 6 consecutive weeks, they will automatically be replaced by another member, unless satisfactory reason is put to the committee in writing.
6) The Club shall be open to all breeds, with the temperament of all dogs being assessed after an initial 4 weeks of instruction. The committee will consider all applications and their decision will be final.
7) Each full member will be entitled to one vote immediately upon membership acceptance. Postal Votes/Proxy votes are NOT allowed. Voting shall be by secret ballot.
The property of the Club shall be vested in the Committee. In the event of the Club ceasing to exist, a General Meeting shall be called to decide the disposal of the Club’s assets to suitable means, the outcome of this meeting to be notified to the Kennel Club.
8) Club Bank Account
a. A bank account shall be held in the name of the Club at a suitable banking establishment, into which all revenue of the Club shall be paid and from which all withdrawals shall only be made on the signature of any 2 of the following: Chairman, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer
b. Independent Auditors shall be appointed annually. Either one qualified or 2 unqualified MUST be appointed.
9) Annual Subscription
a. The Annual Subscription shall be the amount set and agreed by full members at the Annual General Meeting.
b. Annual Subscriptions will be payable after initial 4 weeks instruction and assessment.
c. Subscriptions shall be due on the First Day of January each year and must be paid by the last day of February each year to retain membership.
d. No member whose subscription is unpaid is entitled to any of the privileges of membership and if the member shall fail to pay outstanding subscription by the last day of May his/her name shall be automatically erased from the register. Acceptance back on the register will be dependent upon payment of arrears and the elected committee and at associate level.
10) Any member who shall be suspended by the Kennel Club — Rule A42j (4) and/or any member whose dog(s) is/are disqualified under Kennel Club Rule A42j(8) shall ipso facto cease to be a member of the Club for the duration of the suspension and/or disqualification. If the conduct of any member shall in the opinion of the committee of the Club be injurious or likely to be injurious to the character or interests of the Club, the committee of the Club may, at a meeting, the notice convening which includes as an object the consideration of the conduct of the member determine that a Special General Meeting of the Club shall be called for the purpose of passing a resolution to expel him/her. Notice of the Special Meeting shall be sent to the accused member, giving particulars of the complaint and advising the place, date and hour of the meeting that he/she may attend and offer an explanation. If at the meeting, a resolution to expel is passed by a two thirds majority of the members present and voting, his/her name shall forthwith be erased from the list of members, and he/she shall thereupon cease for all purposes to be a member of the Club except he/she may within 2 calendar months from the date of such meeting, appeal to the Kennel Club upon the subject to such conditions as the Kennel Club may impose.
11) The financial year of the Club shall run from 1 January to 31 December. The Annual General meeting is to be held in January of each year.
12) General Meetings
a) To receive the reports of the Officers of the Club and the balance sheet. To elect officers and to discuss any resolutions duly place on the agenda, of which prior notice has been given to the Hon Secretary. No business shall be transacted at the General Meeting unless notice thereof appears on the Agenda with the exception of routine matters or those, which in the opinion of the Chairman of the Meeting are urgent.
b) Notice of the General Meeting will be given to full members in writing 28 days in advance of the proposed date of the meeting.
c) Resolutions/proposals for Committee members, duly proposed and seconded shall be in the hands of the Hon Secretary 14 days in advance of the proposed date of the General Meeting.
d) The Agenda shall be circulated at the General Meeting.
e) The Hon Secretary shall summon a Special General Meeting. Any Member is empowered to call a SGM through the Hon Secretary providing they have the support of one third of the membership.
f) No business other than that detailed on the Agenda can be discussed at a Special General Meeting.
g) Members shall be notified in writing 28 days prior to the proposed date of the Special General Meeting.
13) The rules of the Club may not be altered except at a General Meeting, the Agenda for which contains specific proposals to amend the rules. Any proposed alterations to the rules may not be brought into effect until the Kennel Club has been advised and approved alterations.
14) Annual Returns to the Kennel Club
The Officers acknowledge that during the month of January each year, Maintenance of Title Fee will be forwarded to the Kennel Club by the Secretary for continuance of registration and that, by 31 July each year, other returns as stipulated in the Kennel Club Regulations for the registration and maintenance of Title of Societies and Breed Councils and the affiliation of Agricultural Societies and Municipal Authorities be forwarded to the Kennel Club of any changes of Secretary of the Society which may occur during the course of the year.
15) No person whilst an undischarged bankrupt may serve on the Committee of or hold any other office or appointment within a Kennel Club Registered Society.
16) The Kennel Club shall be the final court of appeal in all matters of dispute.
17) The Club shall not join any Federation of Societies or Clubs.
18) A list of committee members and their addresses will be sent to the Kennel Club with their Annual Returns, and to make an up to date of list of members available for inspection by the Kennel Club and members of the society.
19) A copy of the Club rules and regulations shall be given to full members on payment of first annual subscription. A copy will also be posted on the notice board for the information of associate members.
20) No rough or harsh handling will be tolerated during any Club training or event. If a member wishes to report an incident, they should approach their trainer or event organizer immediately for mediation to take place.
21) All Club members agree to abide by the Club’s Social Media Policy.